Tuesday, May 6, 2008
First Trip to the Vet!!
Monday was a pretty normal day.. I got Maggie off to school with a little concern that she was sick and may come home early, but she made it through the day. I even went to school at lunch time to check on her because I was afraid that she may be scared to go to the nurse if she wasn't feeling well.. Molly was happy when I dropped her off at preschool and I really wasn't sure how she would do since she put up such a stink at church.. Her friend Tate was already there, so she walked right in and sat down and started playing with her. I made it to the gym, which isn't part of the norm, but I wish it was. It feels good to work out, but I have trouble getting there. I got a little work done and before I knew it, the time had slipped by and I had to go pick up Molly and Maggie. When we got home, Maggie started working on her homework and I noticed that Miley's eyes were getting worse. On Saturday, I had wiped them out at my parents house and couldn't figure out what was going on. It was quiet obvious that there was some kind of infection, so I called the vet and they told me to bring her on in. $116 later, they discovered that she had a yeast infection in her ear, which explains the constant scratching and she wasn't sure what was going on with her eyes, so she started her on an antibiotic/steroid ointment. I think it is working. Who knew a 6 1/2 pound dog could put up such a fight when it came time to put drops in her ears. It is not a one person job, that's for sure. Plus the vet said that she was in desperate need of having her ears plucked (ouch), so I took her next door and they were able to groom her immediately, so I left her. I told them to shave her down since she gets so hot outside. I didn't even recognize her when I picked her up (plus another $41 later!!).. I don't like this dog expense thing!! Molly and I picked her up and took her to soccer practice with us.. That was a mistake because the poor dog had already been mistreated all afternoon and now all of the kids were getting a turn at her.. She was very happy to see her crate!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment