Thursday, February 21, 2008

We had our typical crazy, busy day.. I had a to-do list that I wasn't sure would get completed, but I managed.. I wanted to get the house in order and all of the clothes washed, dried and put away (that's the hard part for me). As soon as I got all of my clothes that I was taking with me washed, I discovered our dryer and gone kaput. We ran to the dump to get rid of the stinky trash, took my clothes to my parents to dry them, picked up my directories from across town (why couldn't they hold them until next week) and of course had to make our weekly stop at Sprout Studio. What did we do before that place opened? Erica met us there with her kids and I was totally expecting it to be packed since school was out, but it wasn't crowded at all. The kids played while I helped Erica get her computer organized and some fun programs installed. On the way home, we had to stop at Wal-Mart to restock the pantry so no one goes hungry this weekend and to get some cash to pay the taxi driver. I'm impressed that I thought that far ahead. We came home, unloaded the directories and groceries, grabbed the dog and went to Granny's to celebrate Daddy's birthday. Now we are at home, everyone is ready for bed and waiting patiently for Cacki to arrive. Cacki is saving the day by coming to spend the night so Daddy can take me to the airport. I am excited to go, but the reality is kicking in that I will be far away, all by myself.. I will miss my family more then ever!!

My friend Marci sent an email and said that her Dad passed away.. I cannot tell you how much that reality scares me.. Someone recently told me that it is totally normal to fear death and that it's okay to be afraid. God gives us what we need in the present. He doesn't prepare us for the future. He will fill our needs as the needs arise. That has really helped me think about things down the road that usually bring me to tears. I pray that God is filling Marci with the peace that she needs right now..

Goodbye for tonight and I will post lots of fun pictures from Dallas when I return. I just hope the weather doesn't cause any delays. I have just enough time to get from the airport to the hotel where I will be picked up for the tour as long as my plane leaves Knoxville on time.. I will be rooming with the publisher from Phoenix and I am excited to have the chance to spend one on one time with a seasoned publisher. She is actually one of the speakers on the panel - lucky me!! I pray that this trip will help me to be able to increase my directory from 16 pages to 24 soon, but if not, I am very thankful that the directory is doing as well as it is. I truly feel blessed to have a business that I Love and it doesn't take me away from my kids very much at all.

No comments: