Friday, January 18, 2008

Finally Friday!!

We survived the hospital stay (dad had the hard part, but sitting there watching isn't loads of fun either). The pain from the surgery is a little more intense then he was lead to believe it would be, but I think in the end it will all be worth it. The doctor released him yesterday and by his request he wanted to ride home in my mom-mobile!! It was a shorter distance to squat getting in. He did great on the ride home. We got him settled into his big, comfy chair and that is where he has been ever since. Sleeping in his bed wasn't a great option, so he returned to his chair for the night. I got back over here around 9:00 to find Mom on a cleaning frenzy because of company coming over with lunch. Dad's basement isn't the cleanest place in the world. We managed to get it cleaned while he was upstairs shaving, but he caught us in the act and pitched a fit because he likes his mess and he is terrified we will throw away his bills. Mom took Miley to the groomers on her way to work and I will go and fetch her later. I am excited to see her wit her first real haircut.

Yesterday, Molly spent the whole day with Cacki and Grandbob. She enjoys having her alone time with them like Maggie use to do. I asked her what she did and she said she played with her baby dolls... She isn't great with details!! Then Cacki brought her home around 5:00 and she babysat both of the girls so that Mike and I could go to the UT basketball game. I love basketball, but only in person. I get to easily distracted to watch it at home. It was a very exciting game and we ended up sitting with David and Mitzi for the second half. The girls were a little difficult to get to sleep, but they were just precious when I went in to move Molly to her bed. They were totally snuggling with each other.

Tonight is Daddy's big night!! He has been working so hard on planning a guys' night out with some old friends from high school. Several guys are planning on attending and I think they will have loads of fun together. It is so funny to me that girls can plan a get together in a matter of a few hours. For guys, they have to start planning a month in advance. I guess it is just a difference in schedules.

No comments: